Unsatisfied Customers of the Belfast Motor Show

Noble M600

On the weekend of the 26th July, Belfast Motor Show kicked off with thousands of car enthusiasts visiting all weekend. The show is great for anyone with a passion for cars, bikes or motor homes, from new to vintage. It’s been twelve years since Northern Ireland and Belfast have had a motor show and every one was eager to see what the show would bring. Due to the improvement to the economic climate, organisers of the event thought it would be a great chance to show off some high-performance engines.  Here. MotorQuoteDirect explains..

Show organiser Kerrie Mann said: “We believe the time is right to hold our event this year. There is a gap in the market because Northern Ireland has a lot of interest in motoring and we will not just have cars, but bikes, vans, lorries, tractors and even caravans. We all know that the car sales industry in Northern Ireland has taken a hit over recent years. This is exactly the reason that the Belfast Motor Show is so important, and with the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders reporting a 9% rise on 2012, the time is now.”

The star of the show was the Noble M600 which is one of the top 10 fastest cars in the world. This car retails at £300,000 and can get to speeds of around 225mph. A lot of interest was shown about the event and the organisers worked hard to ensure that it all went to plan and that the visitors enjoyed it.

Four thousand tickets were sold for the event and organisers were hopeful for at least 5,000 to turn up, if not more. Unfortunately, a lot of the show goers weren’t satisfied with their experience and the show was labelled a ‘joke’. Many of the thousands of visitors complained about the event and asked for their money back. It had been promised that the show will be “an action packed weekend with all aspects of motoring under one roof and a full programme including exhibitions, motoring experts, demonstrations, celebrity guests appearances, hands on fun, entertainment, stunts and more”

Visitors took to social networking sites to express their unhappiness with the show, saying that the £10 entrance fee was a rip off. Daron Brown is the owner of TMC Motorsport and he said “I have seen a better selection of cars at the sea front car park in Bangor on a Sunday.  My son and I arrived with great expectations as I remembered the motor shows at Kings Hall when I was a child were great. We reached the gateway to the main King’s Hall building having been confused that all of the back and side doors were locked. We asked at the gate security how we got into the main hall only to be told that the main halls were not in use and that the cars we had seen on the way down were all that was on show” He said he almost fell over in shock!

This motor show was boasting that it was a family fun day out and had been before 2002 which was the last time the show was held. Most of the event visitors were disappointed with the lack of cars and vehicles and said that it was mostly people trying to sell rather than appreciating cars.

 


RELATED POSTS

linode.com