Bentley has been busy working on their first SUV called Bentayga, and after numerous rumours when is Rolls-Royce entering the SUV market we have an official word.
The announcement, which comes in the form of an open letter from the CEO of Rolls-Royce has no words like SUV or crossover in it, but there are some very strong signs this is not another big saloon or a coupe.
Here are some of the most notable things the open letter mentions:
- A car that offers the luxury of a Rolls-Royce in a vehicle that can cross any terrain
- A car that meets our customers’ highly mobile, contemporary lifestyle expectations
- A Rolls-Royce that is as much about the pioneering, adventurous spirit of Charles Rolls as it is about Sir Henry Royce’s dedication to engineering and innovation
- A car that appropriately reflects Rolls-Royce’s brand promise of effortless luxury
- A high-bodied car, with an all-new aluminium architecture
- A unique new motor car worthy of carrying the Spirit of Ecstasy into the future
- This new Rolls-Royce will be Effortless … Everywhere.
The car is still years from actual launch and the company says:
“we will take our time in developing and perfecting this new concept in luxury. We will include our customers, enthusiasts and media along the way and will keep you informed of our progress”
Until then, rest assured, we are creating a motor car in the greatest traditions of our marque.
Sir Henry Royce famously said: “When it does not exist, design it”.
We are doing just that.”
The “does not exist…” part raises many questions and can let your imagination go wild. Is there something that the automotive world has not invented yet, besides an actual flying car?
Stay tuned for more details!